Flax seeds and peanut chutney powder recipe with step by step pictures - Flax seed is also known as linseed, agase and jawas. I always roast and store some flax seeds. Eating two tsp of flax seeds every day is good for health as they supply some essential nutrients. Flax seeds are excellent source of antioxidants, essential vitamins, minerals and omega 3 fatty acids. Besides this, it is also an energy booster. Flax seeds in combination with peanuts make a delicious nutty flavored chutney. The sabzi sprinkled with it tastes great. It is a nice accompaniment for dosa, roti, paratha, idli and curd rice. You can make instant chutney by mixing this powder with yogurt. Chutney powder is handy when you have short of time in the morning rush.
Flax seeds and peanut chutney powder recipe with step by step pictures
- Handpick the flax seeds and peanuts. Heat a pan and roast the peanuts until crisp and light brown. Remove the husks and separate the peanuts. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan roast the flax seeds till they crackle nicely. Transfer to a plate and set aside
- Heat oil in the same pan and add cumins seeds to it. Allow them to crackle. Add the asafoetida / hing powder and saute for a while.
- Add the curry leaves and fry until crisp.
- Add the chilli powder and saute for a minute. Switch off the flame and allow it to cool.
- Put this chilli powder mixture, roasted flax seeds and peanuts in a mixer jar. Blend it to a slightly coarse powder to make a chutney powder.
- Store in an airtight container. Serve with dosa, idli, paratha, roti and curd rice.
- You can make instant chutney by mixing this powder with yogurt.
- Chutney powder with flax seeds and peanuts can be saved in an airtight container for about a month.
Also check some other chutney powder recipes in this space