Dry coconut and garlic or lasun chutney powder recipe - Dry coconut and garlic chutney powder is a very healthy chutney powder prepared with few ingredients. This dry coconut based chutney powder is usually served as a side dish to rotis, chapatis and rice with curry. Instant chutney can be prepared by mixing it with yogurt. Garlic has many health benefits.
It is believed that eating raw garlic keeps one awake. Therefore, garlic chutney is usually eaten by students during exam time. If your kids are preparing for exams and they want to keep awake, give them garlic chutney which is very effective. It can be easily stored in an airtight container for about 15 days out side the refrigerator.
If you want to keep it for a longer period, store it in a closed jar and keep it in the refrigerator. If you want the chutney to be bit sour, you can add a pinch of amchur powder or one grape sized tamarind to the chutney at the time of grinding. You can also use raw garlic instead of fried one.
1 cup grated dry coconut
15 garlic flakes / lasun
1 heaped tsp chilly powder
1 tsp oil
Salt to taste.
Dry coconut garlic or lasun chutney powder recipe
- Grate the dry coconut and peel the garlic.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and fry garlic flakes till the raw smell disappears. Chop the fried garlic. Mix together the grated coconut, chilly powder, fried garlic and salt.
- Put them in a mixer and just whip it for 4-5 times to make a coarse chutney powder.
- Do not grind it too long. By doing so coconut leaves oil and chutney becomes oily and lump.
- Store it in an airtight container.