Mix dal and mushroom pan cake recipe - The pancake made with dals, mushrooms and onion make a good breakfast / teatime snack. The lentils provide nutrient to the body as well as release energy for the natural regular activities. Mushroom and onion are considered as skinny vegetables (not fatty). The addition of these two vegetables enhances the flavor and gives an excellent taste to the dish. Besides this, this kind of a meal topper, gives you a valuable vitamins and minerals. It leaves an uttappa (uttappam) like taste in the mouth while eating. Usually this pancake is served with chutneys.
Mix dal and mushroom pancake recipe with step by step pictures.
Preparation time 25 minutes
Soaking time 3 - 4 hours
Cooking time 30 minutes
Makes 10 pancakes.
10 button mushrooms, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
Fistful of chopped cilantro
A generous pinch of garam masala
2 heaped tbsp yogurt/curd
3 tbsp rice flour
1 ½ tsp cumin seeds / jeera
1 tsp chilli powder
2 green chillies, chopped
7- 8 curry leaves, chopped
salt to taste
Oil as required
To saok and grind to coarse paste
1/4 cup split bengal gram / chana dal
1/4 cup split green gram / moong dal
1 tbsp split black grams / urad dal
1/4" ginger, chopped
Mix dal and mushroom pancake recipe
- Clean and mix the dals together. Wash them thoroughly and soak for 3 hrs.
- Drain the dals and grind them along with chopped ginger to a coarse paste, without using any water.
- Transfer this dal paste to a large bowl. Add all the ingredients except mushrooms and onions. Mix well.
- Now add onions and mushrooms to the batter. Mix well.
- Heat a non-stick griddle. Take one small orange sized portion of batter mixture.
- Place it on the tawa and flatten it to a round shaped pancake, using very little water.
- Cover with lid and cook it on a low flame till the batter leaves the bottom.
- Flip it and cook till golden brown from both sides. Serve hot with chutney.