Til chikki with sugar recipe - Happy Makar Sankranti to you all. A delicious, crunchy chikki for Makar sankranti. Chikki is a burfi shaped sweet of India. Til chikki is a popular traditional sweet prepared during Makar Sankranti. This is an easy to prepare sweet made with sesame seeds and sugar. Chikki is made using either jaggery or sugar along with basic ingredients such as sesame seeds, peanuts, cashew nuts and almonds.The use of jaggery makes the chikki soft whereas sugar makes it crunchy. To make a delicious chikki, avoid roasting the sesame seeds for too long and just roast them until warm. I have already posted tilachi ladoo and til shenga vadi recipes. Do try these recipes.
- Heat a pan and roast the sesame seeds until warm. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat ghee in the same pan.
- Add the sugar and stir continuously until sugar melts.
- When the sugar turns into syrup, add the roasted sesame seeds and mix well.
- Pour the above prepared sesame mixture on a greased board and spread evenly. Immediately, roll it with a rolling pin.
- Cut into desired shape with a cutter.
- Allow it to cool. Break and serve til chikki with sugar