Bhindi pakoda recipe - Bhindi pakoda belongs to appetizer and snack category of Indian cuisine. The main ingredients are ladies finger and besan. Bhindi pakoda is one of the most easiest deep fried snack that you can make at anytime as ladies fingers are available throughout the year. Actually, I wanted to make kadai bhindi with the ladies fingers available in my refrigerator. But, the quantity of ladies fingers were very less and also I had to prepare evening snacks. First I thought to make onion pakoda. Later, I changed my mind and made this bhindi pakoda to utilize the ladies finger in a nice way. The pakoda was crispy and tasty. To get the pakodas crispy you have to fry it on low flame. One important thing is that it tastes best when served hot. Variations can be made with this pakoda by adding refined flour and corn flour. It tastes delicious with these ingredients.
Bhindi pakoda - ladies finger pakora recipe with step by step pictures
- Wash and pat to dry the ladies fingers. Chop off tip and top of the ladies fingers. Then slice into two pieces.
- Put half of the besan into a large bowl. Add 1/4 tsp of salt and mix well. Coat the ladies fingers and remove them into a plate.
- Add remaining besan into the same bowl. Add chilli powder, garam masala, ajwain powder and remaining salt.
- Add lemon juice and some water to make a thick paste. Dip the above prepared besan coated bhindis in this paste.
- Heat oil i a pan and fry the above prepared bhindis on low flame until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve the bhindi pakoda hot.
Palak pakoda - spinach pakoda
Moong dal aloo nuggets
Batata mugdal cutlet
Baby Corn Pakoda