Makai poha chivda recipe - Crunchy, sweet, salty and spicy chivda made with corn flakes and peanuts. Makai poha or corn flakes chivda is one of the most popular Indian snacks, and goes exceptionally well with hot tea or coffee. Raw makai poha or corn flakes are available in Indian grocery shops. This is one of the most simplest and easiest hassle free snacks. Frying the chivda and mixing other ingredients takes very little time. It has a slightly sweet, salty and mildly spicy taste. It is crunchy and is liked by both kids and adults. This is a very addictive snack which makes every one feels like eating more and more.
Makai poha chivda recipe with step by step pictures
- Hand pick the corn flakes and set aside.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan and fry the peanuts till golden brown and crisp. Drain and set aside.
- In the same frying pan, fry the corn flakes on low flame till crisp. They float on the surface.
- Fry the corn flakes in 4 - 5 batches. Each batch takes less than 2 - 3 minutes. Do not over fry.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of sugar powder, salt and chilli powder one by one. Mix well.
- Add the fried peanuts.
- Mix well and store in an airtight container.