Phool makhana snack recipe - This seasoned phool makhana is a crispy and spicy snack. The lotus seeds or fox nuts are mildly spiced with chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt, etc. The phool makhana itself is bland. It extracts some taste and flavor from the seasoned ingredients. So using proper amount of oil, chilly powder and salt is essential to make the phool makhana tasty. If done properly, tempered phool makhana is a perfect snack with hot tea or coffee.
50 grams phool makhana / lotus seeds / fox nuts
1+1/2 tbsp oil
3/4 tsp mustard seeds
20-25 curry leaves
3/4 tsp chilly powder
3/4 turmeric powder
Salt to taste
Phool makhana snacks recipe
- Heat a pan and dry roast the phool makhana till they become crisp. Remove and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in the same pan, add the mustard seeds and allow them to splutter.
- Add curry leaves and saute for 30 seconds. Add the turmeric powder, chilly powder, and salt. Mix well and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the roasted phool makhana and mix well. Stir nicely to make evenly coated makhana snack. Remove from the flame.
- Serve phool makhana snack with a cup of hot tea or coffee.