Gobi or cauliflower and potato bhaji recipe - Today I am going to share a very simple and easy to prepare cauliflower potato bhaji recipe. Cauliflower bhaji can be made with variations. You can use green peas in combination with it to make a very delicious side dish. Variety of dishes such as gobi manchurian, paratha, pakoda can be prepared by using cauliflower. This bhaji can be prepared within few minutes in morning rush.
Phool gobi batatyachi bhaji recipe.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
1 large potato
2 cups cauliflower florets
1 tsp red chilly powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp kala masala ( or garam masala )
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
A generous pinch of asafoetida
2 - 3 tbsp oil
Salt as required
Phool gobi batatyachi bhaji recipe
- Wash and peel the potato. Cut it into small cubes and set aside. Separate the cauliflower florets and sprinkle some salt on it. Keep it aside for 5 minutes. Wash thoroughly and pat dry.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds and allow to splutter. Add the cumin seeds and asafoetida, saute till aromatic. Add the chilly powder and turmeric powder. Saute for few seconds.
- Add the potato and fry for 2 minutes. Add the cauliflower florets and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the kala masala or garam masala and salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water and cook covered on low flame till the potato and cauliflower become soft and the bhaji become dry. Stir in between to prevent it from burning.
- When done, remove from the flame, garnish with cilantro and serve hot as a side dish.