Phool gobi ani mod aleli mugachi bhaji recipe - A simple and healthy sabzi prepared with sprouted green grams and cauliflower to pair with chapti and rice with curry. I have used Maharashtrian kala masala to infuse the mild spice flavour in this bhaji. But you can also use garam masala instead of kala masla if you don't have it. This bhaji is a nice accompaniment to Indian flat breads. You can carry it in the lunch box. Try out this delicious and healthy bhaji.
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
2 cups cauliflower florets
2 cups sprouted green grams, husked
1 large onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp chilly powder
1 tsp kala masala ( or garam masala)
1/2 tsp coriander seeds powder (optional)
1/4 tsp jeera powder (optional)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
For the tempering
3 tbsp oil
A pinch of asafoetida / hing
A pinch of cumin seeds / jeera
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
4 - 5 broken red chillies
Phool gobi ani mod aleli mugachi bhaji recipe
- Clean the cauliflower florets and wash them thoroughly under running water. Drain and set aside.
- Soak the sprouted green grams in sufficient water for half an hour.
- Separate the husks by gently rubbing the sprouted green grams, keeping the sprouts intact. Drain and set aside.
- In a pan heat the oil and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida. Allow them to crackle.
- Add the red chillies and curry leaves. Saute for few seconds. Add the garlic and saute till aromatic.
- Add the cumin seeds powder, coriander seeds powder, turmeric powder, chilly powder and saute for few seconds.
- Add the onions, and saute for a minute. Add the cauliflower florets and husked sprouted green grams.
- Add the kala masala and salt. Stir to combine. Add a cup of water and mix well to combine.
- Cook covered on low flame till the cauliflower and sprouted green grams become very soft. Further simmer till the bhaji dries up.
- When done, remove the pan from the heat. Serve the phool gobi ani mod aleli mugachi bhaji hot as a side dish with roti, phulka or chapati and hot steamed rice with curry.