Matar or green peas and capsicum sabzi recipe - Today I have come up with a simple and easy matar, shimla mirch dry sabzi, which goes well with roti, chapati, parathas, theplas and even pulao. There are different ways of making stir fry or dry subzis. This North Indian style matar, shimla mirch sabzi tastes well when cooked in its own moisture and oil. But you can add little amount of water, compromising with the taste. In this subzi, after adding the spice powder, you need to stir it continuously to combine the ingredients in such a way that all the ingredients are evenly dispersed and well coated with the green peas and capsicums. All the masala powder added in this matar shimla mirch sabzi help in enhancement of flavor of the subzi. Though the subzi prepared is dry, it released the spicy flavor and tasted yummy. You can pack it in the lunch box with the choice of your Indian flat breads and even pulao.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
Ingredients4 capsicums / shimla mirch, cut into pieces
1/2 cup green peas / matar
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds / jeera
7 - 8 curry leaves
2 small onions, finely chopped
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds powder
1 tsp garam masala
2 tbsp oil
1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
Salt to taste
Matar shimla mirch sabzi
- Wash and cut the capsicums. Remove the seeds and cut the capsicums into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When they spluttered, add jeera and curry leaves, saute for few seconds.
- Add the onions and saute till the onions are translucent. Add the capsicums, green peas and tomatoes. Add 1/4 tsp of salt and cook covered on low flame till the green peas become soft.
- Then add the ginger - garlic paste and saute till raw smell disappears. Now add chilli powder, coriander powder, jeera powder, garam masala, turmeric powder and salt one by one.
- Saute for 5 minutes. Add the coriander leaves and mix well .
- Serve matar shimla mirch sabzi hot with choice of your Indian flat breads or as a side dish to rice and curry.