Hara bhara kabab recipe with step by step pictures - Hara bhara kabab is one of the most popular North Indian snacks. I am always fascinated in making kababs and tikkis. It is made by using spinach, raw banana and gram flour or besan. This kabab is mildly spiced and shallow fried. This is usually served with mint yogurt chutney, tamarind chutney, dates chutney, tomato ketchup or tomato sauce. This is one of our favorite snacks.I have used raw bananas instead of potatoes for one solid reason. I had half a dozen of bananas lying idle in the fridge and wanting to make proper use of it. The hara bhara kabab was delicious and it was hard to guess the ingredients. This kabab can be made with boiled potatoes but it also comes out well with boiled bananas too.You will not find the difference in taste.You can substitute three boiled potatoes in the place of boiled raw bananas. You can use a tbsp of lemon juice instead of amchur powder. For your convenience, the hara bhara kabab mixture can be prepared well in advance and stored in the fridge to make kababs as and when required.
Hara bhara kabab recipe with step by step pictures
- Chop the spinach finely and set aside. Wash and slit the skin of raw bananas till half from one side. Boil them in sufficient water till soft. Cool the boiled bananas and then peel and grate in a plate.
- Put the gram flour in a large bowl.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala, amchur power and salt.
- Mix well till all the ingredients combine well.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and green chillies.
- Add the chopped spinach and grated ginger.
- Add the boiled grated banana.
- Mix well to make a thick kabab mixture. Use some water if the mixture is too dry.
- Heat a nonstick pan and apply some oil on it. Take one medium sized kabab mixture balls and slightly flatten it on your palm. Place it on hot pan. Pour some oil from the edges.
- Flip the kababs and spread some more oil from the edges. Cook till they become crispy and golden brown from both sides.
- When both sides become golden brown, flip frequently and cook for another 2- 3 minutes.
- Hara bhara kabab is ready to serve.
You might also like
Moong dal aloo nuggets