Baby corn manchurian recipe - Today I am sharing with you all a very tasty and flavorful baby corn manchurian recipe. This is a delectable dish which you can have it as an appetizer. It is usually served before a meal as the first course. Usually in chinese dishes ajinomoto is invariably used, however I have not added it while preparing this dish. This mouthwatering manchurian tastes great when it is hot. This is a perfect dish to please both small kids and adults. I have prepared the dry manchurians and served it as a starter. You can also prepare similar type of dish with vegetables like mushroom, cauliflower, cabbage in combination with carrot, but the method of preparation is slightly different than this. I'll post that too in due course. Manchurian is so popular in all parts of India and it doesn't need much introduction.
Baby corn manchurian recipe with step by step pictures.
- Wash the baby corns and boil them for 3 minutes in sufficient water along with 1/4 tsp salt. Then cut the baby corns into 3 equal pieces and set aside.
- Wash and chop the spring onions and bulbs separately. Deseed the capsicum and cut it into strips.
- Put the maida and corn flour in a large bowl. Add 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/4 cup of water and make a thick paste.
- Add the mint, garlic paste and mix well.
- Make a thick paste. Add more maida and corn flour to make it thick if the paste is too watery. Add the baby corns and mix well.
- Heat sufficient oil in a frying pan. Fry the baby corns on medium flame until golden brown and crisp. Drain oil and set aside
- Heat oil in another pan, add the chopped garlic and saute until aromatic. Add the chopped onion bulbs and saute until the bulbs are translucent. Add the capsicums and saute for a while.
- Add the soya sauce, red chilli sauce, green chilli sauce and tomato sauce and stir to combine.
- Add the fried baby corns, the remaining paste and salt. Stir continuously for 3 - 4 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the spring onions and saute for a while.
- Remove from the flame and serve hot.