Orange dry fruits barfi recipe - I have prepared this barfi inspired by my sister as she told me the recipe and asked me to try it out. According to her, she has tried this barfi and the out come was superb. So, I tried it and to my surprise it is more than she described. This orange barfi takes on the inviting delicate flavor of orange and cardamoms. In total, the barfi has distinct delicious taste with soft texture. The addition of dry fruits enriches the taste and gives crunchy bites. This barfi is prepared with maida, ghee, dry fruits, sugar, orange juice, orange zest and cardamom powder.
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
Makes 15 pieces
1 cup maida / Apf
2 tbsp ghee
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup sugar, powdered
10 cashew nuts / kaju
10 almonds / badam
Fistful of raisins
2 tsp orange zest
4 cardamoms, powdered
Orange dry fruits barfi recipe with step by step pictures
- Slice the almonds and cashew nuts into thin pieces. Put the sugar in a mixer jar and blend it to a fine powder and transfer to a bowl.
- Grate the orange peel lightly and set aside. Peel the orange, remove the seeds and blend them in a blender. Strain the juice and set aside
- Heat the ghee on low heat in a nonstick pan and add the maida.
- Roast for 15 minutes stirring continuously till the maida becomes aromatic and golden in colour.
- Add 1/4 cup of orange juice and stir continuously to combine well. Reserve the remaining orange juice for the further use.
- Mix well and stir to combine. Add the dry fruits and orange zest. Mix well.
- Add the sugar powder and cardamom powder. Mix well and stir for 3 minutes.
- Then add the remaining 3/4 cup of orange juice and stir continuously till the mixture turns into a lump.
- Once the mixture leaves the sides, remove the pan from the heat. Grease a plate and pour the barfi mixture in it.
- Spread evenly and flatten the surface with the back of a flat cup. Take a sharp knife and cut into squares when it is warm. Keep it aside for 2 - 3 hours.
- Once the barfi comes to room temperature, store in an airtight container.
Some other barfi recipes in this space
Khawa dryfruits barfi
Khajoor dry fruits barfi