Wishing you all a very Happy and Prosperous Deepavali
Peda using milk powder and condensed milk recipe - Today I am sharing with you all a very easy to make peda made with milk, milk powder, condensed milk and sugar. These basic ingredients give the peda all the required taste and texture. The cardamom infuses the flavor with all these and the lovely peda was soft and delicious. The method of making peda with khava is quite different than this method. Khava peda is one of the common pedas available in sweet shop. But peda prepared with milk powder and condensed milk is unique. It tastes so good and every one in my family liked it. It is always a great treat to eat this tiny sweet with rich taste
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 20 -25 minutes
Yields 20 peda
2 cups boiled cold milk
1/2 cup sugar
400 grams milk powder ( 5 cups)
(Nestle everyday dairy whitener)
1 cup condensed milk
(Nestle condensed milk)
2 tbsp ghee
1 tsp cardamom powder
Peda using milk powder and condensed milk recipe
- Pour the milk in a non-stick pan. Add the sugar and stir it continuously for 2 -3 minutes. Add the Nestle milk powder and mix well with a spoon.
- Once the milk powder combines well with the milk, add the condensed milk and stir it nicely for a minute and mix well. The mixture should be very smooth without any lumps.
- Add the ghee and mix well. Keep thisp an on a low flame and cook stirring continuously. It will gradually start becoming thick and will become sticky.
- Once the mixture becomes thick use 2 spatulas to turn it. Further cook till all the moisture evaporates and mixture starts leaving the sides.
- To check the consistency take a small portion of milk mixture between the thumb and index finger and roll a ball of it. If you can roll it then the mixture is ready otherwise cook it till you roll the mixture.
- Turn off the flame and add the cardamom powder. Mix well and allow it to cool. Knead the mixture well to make it smooth and soft.
- Take a small portion of mixture and make round ball from it. Flatten it to give a peda shape. Repeat the same process to all peda.
- This peda can be stored for 4 days.