Palak or spinach soup recipe - The recipe I am going to share today is simple soup prepared with spinach.You can just boil and blend the spinach, tomatoes, onions black pepper and ginger. Add the corn flour paste as thickening agent to the simmering soup and your creamy, delicious soup will be ready within few minutes. This is a healthy soup which gives comfort to the throat and soul. Spinach, popularly known as palak is a widely used leafy vegetable available all round the year. So the soup can be made at any season.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
1 bunch spinach / palak
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 tsp black pepper
1/6" ginger, peeled
2 tsp corn flour
Salt as required
- Separate the spinach leaves and wash them thoroughly Wash and cut the tomatoes into small pieces. Peel the onion and cut them into large pieces.Wash and peel the ginger.
- Mix the palak, onion, ginger, tomatoes and pepper together in a large vessel. Add 5 -6 cups of water and boil on high flame till all the ingredients become soft.
- Remove the vessel from the flame and allow it to cool. Then grind it to a smooth paste.
- Transfer this paste to a pan and bring it to boil. Add the corn flour paste to the boiling soup. While boiling, add the corn flour paste and bring the soup to boil stirring continuously so that lumps are not formed.
- Add the salt and remove from the heat. Add 2 tbsp of fresh cream if you like it. Serve hot.