Bisibele bhath is a scrumptious dish prepared with the perfect proportion of rice, toor dal and vegetables. In this bhath, all the ingredients are cooked in a typical way to bring out the authentic bisibele bhath taste of Karnataka. I have used the famous MTR bisible bhath powder which has the perfect blend of spices that gives the traditional taste and flavor to the bhath. This is an excellent healthy meal that you can prepare with loads of vegetables. Like matar paneer pulao, carrot pulao, vangi bhath, musharoom pulao, vegetable biryani, soybeans pulao and palak pulao, this pulav is also a very delicious one pot meal and you can pack it in the lunch box. You can carry it while travelling or this can be cooked as a special fancy meal during weekend to treat your family. Try this authentic,delicious and fuss free bisibele bhath and enjoy.
Bisi bele bhath recipe with step by step pictures
- Cut the washed vegetables into small pieces. Boil them in 4 cups of water until soft. Combine together the washed rice and toor dal, add 2 cups of water. Pressure cook till 3 - 4 whistles.
- Heat ghee in a pan and make a tempering with onion, curry leaves, jeera, mustard seeds and green chillies.
- Saute till the onions are translucent. Add the boiled vegetables to it. Reserve the vegetable stock.
- Add the chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Add the MTR bisi bele bhath powder and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Add the tamarind pulp and mix well.
- Add the cooked rice dal mixture.
- Add the vegetable stock. Add salt and mix well.
- Cover with lid and cook on low flame for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Open the lid and simmer on low flame till you get the desired consistency. Add the fresh corianders and mix well.
- Serve hot with papad, raita and pickles.
- Bisi bele bhath is ready to serve.