Rava dosa recipe - Rava dosa is yet another breakfast dish of South India. For breakfast we look forward to prepare classic dishes to serve. This rava dosa has a great texture and softness that makes a splendid breakfast dish when accompanied with sambar and chutneys. This is a very simple and easy to prepare dish which is a time saver in the morning rush. This is a comfort dish that keeps your stomach full for at least two hours. This is an ideal dish for the beginners that they can prepare it very easily. This dosa batter doesn't need any fermentation. Once you make the urad dal paste, the roasted rava can be added to it and you can prepare the dosa immediately. This is an alternative to rice dosa. I have not added tempering to the batter. But you can add the tempering made with mustard seeds, green chillies and curry leaves. Here is how to make rava dosa recipe.
Preparation time - 10 minutes
Soaking time 3 - 4 hours
Cooking time - 30 minutes
Serves - 15 dosas
Ingredients3 cups semolina / rava, roasted
1 cup husked split black gram / urad dal
1/2 cup yogurt / curd
Salt as required
Oil as required
- Wash and soak the urad dal for 3 - 4 hours. Drain the water and add fresh water and curd. Grind it to a smooth paste using required water.
- Roast the rava till raw smell disappears. Add it to the urad dal paste. Add salt and required water to make a medium thick pouring consistency batter. You can add tempering to it.
- Heat a non-stick pan and smear oil on it. Take a ladle full of batter and pour it on the griiddle. With the back of the same ladle, spread it thin and round.
- Cook till the base become light brown and then flip it. Cook for 2 minutes and serve hot with sambar and choice of your chutney.
Rava dosa recipe with step by step pictures
- Wash and soak the urad dal for 3 - 4 hours. Drain the water and add fresh water and curd. Grind it to a smooth paste using required water. Add the roasted rava and salt. Make a medium thick pouring consistency batter.
Heat a non-stick pan and smear oil on it. Take a ladle full of batter and pour it on the griiddle. With the back of the same ladle, spread it thin and round.
Cook the dosa till the base becomes light brown and firm. Then flip it and cook it for 1 - 2 minutes.
Serve hot with sambar and choice of your chutney.