Moong dal cheela stuffed with kadai sabzi recipe - Breakfast is the main meal of the day, after dinner there is a long gap between breakfast and dinner. We all are looking forward for the healthy, filling and energetic dishes that please every one's taste bud. Cheela is one such delicious dish, which provides proteins, vitamins, minerals and digestible fiber. Moong dal cheela is nothing but dosa prepared with split green gram or moong dal and stuffed with kadai sabzi prepared with beans, carrot, cauliflower and other ingredients. I like cheela as much as I like masala Dosa. I consider cheela as a balanced meal, so, it can be prepared for lunch or dinner too. Once I tasted it at my friend's house, later tried it for a few times and now sharing this with you all. The reason I like it most is it is very light on stomach, easily digestible, very delicious and filling. Do try this delicious cheela and enjoy your breakfast.
For the Batter
2 cups split green grams / moong dal
For the Filling
2 large onions, finely chopped
10-12 garlic flakes, finely chopped
1/2 small cabbage, finely chopped
2 capsicums, finely chopped
2 carrots, grated
1/2 cup fresh green peas
Green chillies, finely chopped
1 and 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2-3 tsp chilly powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds powder / jeera powder
1 tsp garam masala
1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
Oil as required
Salt to taste
For the filling
- Wash, peel and grate the carrots. Wash and cut the cabbage and capsicums into thin slices. Wash the green peas and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wide pan and add green chillies to it. Saute nicely and add the onions. Saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the carrot, capsicum, cabbage and green peas one by one. Stir to combine and cook covered on low flame till all the veggies become soft.
- Once the veggies become soft, add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell goes away.
- Then add chilly powder, jeera powder and coriander powder and saute. Cook covered for 2 minutes.
- Then add the garam masala and salt. Cook for 1 minute. Add the coriander leaves. Mix well and remove from the flame.
For the batterWash and soak the split green gram overnight. Drain the water and grind it to a smooth paste, using very little water. The batter should be plain dosa batter consistency. Add salt and keep it aside.
Moong dal cheela stuffed with kadai sabzi recipe
- Heat a griddle and apply ghee or oil on it. Take half cup of cheela batter in a flat bottomed cup or spoon and pour on the griddle from little bit of height and spread thinly and give it a round shape.
- Spread the cheela as thin as possible. For better taste pour 1/4 tsp of optional oil or ghee over the cheela. Shallow fry it on medium flame till it turns golden brown from the bottom.
- Flip it and cook it till light brown from other part too. When the cheela is done, place it on a plate and spread the filling on it.
- Roll the cheela and cut it into 3 parts.