Sabudana batata thalipeeth recipe - Sabudana Thalipeeth is a substitute to the deep fried Sabudana Vada. Sometimes, I avoid deep frying and stick to the healthy version of shallow frying. Though it is shallow fried taste wise there is not much difference between shallow fried thalipeeth and deep fried vadas. Thalipeeth tastes great when eaten hot with chutney. Those who are not on fasting can also eat this thalipeeth for their breakfast. This tasty and filling thalipeeth is usually served hot with curd and peanut chutney. It can also prepared using green chilly instead of red chilly powder.
Sabudana batata thalipeeth recipe.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
1 cup sago / sabudana / sabbakki, soaked
2 medium sized potato, boiled
1/2 cup chopped corianer leaves
2 tbsp groundnut powder
3/4 tsp chilly powder
1 tsp sugar
Ghee/oil for shallow frying
Sat to taste
Sabudana batata thalipeeth recipe
- Wash and soak 1 cup of sadudana in 1/4 cup of water for about 2 hours. When it is completely soaked, it swells more than double the quantity.
- Peel and grate the boiled potatoes in a large plate. Add the sabudana, peanut powder, chilly powder, chopped coriander leaves, sugar and salt to the grated potato.
- Mix them well without adding any water. Apply oil on the palm of your hand and knead the sabudana potato mixture till it becomes a lump.
- Make small balls from the sabudana potato mixture. Wrap a clean plastic sheet around the chapati board.
- Place the sabudana balls on it and flatten it by pressing gently to make round thalipeeth. Flatten it as thin as you like. Now heat ghee or oil on a non-stick griddle or tawa. Lift the flattened thalipeeth gently and place it on hot griddle.
- Allow it to cook till golden brown from bottom. When the bottom turns slightly hard and the thalipeeth leaves the bottom of the tawa, slowly flip the thalipeeth using a flat spoon or kadchi.
- Shallow fry it on medium low flame till the thalipeeth turns golden brown from both sides. Serve the sabudana batata thalipeeth hot with choice of your chutney and yogurt.