For the dough
3 cups wheat flour
1 cup maida / AP flour
Salt to taste
Ghee/oil for shallow frying parathas
For the Filling
3 large sized radish / mooli, grated
1½ tsp sambar masala
2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
Fistful of chopped coriander leaves
2 green chilies, chopped
½ tsp jeera powder
A pinch of ajwain
2 tbsp to 2 tsp oil (adjust accordingly)
Salt to taste
PreparationMix together the wheat flour and maida. Add salt to it. Knead it to a soft dough of rolling consistency. The dough should be very soft. Cover it with lid and keep it aside till you prepare filling mixture.
Mooli paratha recipe
- Peel and grate the radish. Sqeeze out the water from the grated radish. Add all the ingredients mentioned under "for the filling" and mix with the grated radish.
- Heat little bit of oil in a pan and add radish to it. Stir the radish mixture on a medium flame and heat it till the radish become soft.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal portions. Roll out the round poori sized rotis from it. Spread 2½ to 3 tbsp of radish mixture on one roti.
- Place another roti over it. Press the edges gently and slightly pat the paratha with your finger tips.
- Then gently roll the rolling pin over the paratha and remove the finger marks. Repeat the same process to all other parathas.
- Now heat the tawa/griddle and smear ¼ tsp ghee/oil on it. Place the rolled paratha on the tawa.
- Pour ¼ tsp ghee/oil on the paratha. Again spread ¼ tsp ghee around the paratha. Shallow fry the paratha till golden brown from both sides. Apply ghee and serve hot.