Adrak lasun jeera chutney recipe - Ginger, garlic and cumin seedschutney is one of my favorite chutneys. This is an authentic chutney always liked by my family members. The ginger, garlic and cumin seeds add an extra flavour and unique taste to the chutney. This chutney besides being tasty, helps in digestion also. Idli, dosa and vada goes well with chutneys. This is one of the varieties of chutneys which I prepare often.
Adrak lasun jeera chutney recipe.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 2 minutes
1 cup grated fresh coconut
12 flakes garlic, roasted on flame
1/4" ginger, roasted on flame
1 tsp cumin seeds / jeera, slightly roasted
6 whole red chillies, shallow fried
1 small lemon sized tamarind
1 cup drinking water
1/2 tsp mustard seeds, spluttered in little oil
Salt to taste
Adrak lasun jeera chutney recipe
- Fix the garlic flakes with skin to a fork and roast them directly on low flame until aromatic. Peel the skin and keep it side.
- Wash the ginger, pat it dry and fix it to the fork. Roast it on a low flame until aromatic.
- Heat little oil in a frying pan and add broken red chillies to it. Shallow fry them until light brown. Allow it to cool. Slightly roast the cumin seeds.
- Now mix all the ingredients together and put them in the mixer. Add 1/4 cup of drinking water and whip it for a while.
- Again add 1/4 cup of water and grind them nicely. Repeat the process and grind the chutney to a smooth paste using remaining water.
- Garnish with spluttered mustard seeds and serve adrak lasunj eera chutney with idli, dosa, vada etc