¼ cup fresh green peas
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 small green chilly, chopped
1 tsp sugar
1/4 cup grated fresh coconut
2 + 1/2 cups water
pinch of turmeric powder
Salt to Taste
For the Tempering
1 tsp mustard seeds
15 curry leaves
1 tsp urad dal
1 tsp chana dal
1 tbsp ghee/oil
Rava upma with green peas recipe
- Heat a pan and roast the rava until aromatic and light brown. Remove and keep it aside.
- In the same pan heat ghee/oil and add mustard seeds. When they start spluttering, add curry leaves and saute for 10-12 seconds.
- Then add urad dal and chana dal. Saute till they become aromatic and golden brown.
- Now add onions and green chilies one by one. Stir till the onions turn translucent.
- Add fresh green peas
- Saute for a minute.Add pinch of turmeric, sugar, salt and 2½ cup of water to it. Cover with lid and cook till the green peas cooks well.
- Now open the lid and slowly add roasted rava to it. Mix well and cover with lid and keep it on a low flame for 3-4 minutes . Stir in between to prevent burning..
- Then remove the lid and add grated coconut when it is hot.
- Mix well and serve the rava upma with green peas hot. While eating, add the lemon juice if you like it.