Rava ladu with sugar syrup recipe - Rava coconut ladoo is a popular Indian sweet prepared with semolina, coconut and sugar syrup. This ladoo is usually made during Ganesh Chaturthi, Deepavali and other special occasions. While preparing this rava coconut ladoo, I have used sugar syrup instead of powdered sugar. Try this easy to make ladoo or laddu recipe for the upcoming Ganesh Chaturthi festival. Note that to make the perfect ladoo, use exact quantity of ingredients and follow the steps properly.
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 30 minutes
Makes 14 ladoos
2 cups fine rava / semolina
1 cup grated fresh coconut
4 cardamoms, powdered
2 tbsp charoli / chironji
4 tbsp ghee
For the Sugar Syrup
1+ 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup water
Preparation of sugar syrup
In a heavy bottomed vessel, add sugar and 3/4 cup of water and stir well till the sugar dissolves.
Place this vessel over a medium flame. Stir continuously and bring it to a boil.
Once it boils, reduce the flame and simmer for a minute. Remove from the flame and keep it aside.
Rava coconut ladoo recipe
- Heat ghee in a large pan and add rava to it. Roast the rava, till it becomes light golden brown.
- Add grated fresh coconut to it and roast nicely for 5-6 minute.Add charoli and roast for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the flame. Add this rava coconut mixture to the sugar syrup. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Keep the vessel aside for about 2-3 hours. After 2-3 hours, the rava mixture. becomes little bit hard.
- Now transfer this rava coconut mixture to a large plate. Mix well and knead it with your hand for 2 minutes.
- Now make evenly shaped round ladoos from it. Do not sprinkle water or milk.
- Store the rava coconut ladoo in an airtight container.
Rava coconut ladoo recipe with step by step pictures
Heat ghee in a large pan and add rava to it. Roast the rava, till it becomes light golden brown.
Add grated fresh coconut to it and roast nicely for 5-6 minute.Add charoli and roast for another 2-3 minutes.
Prepare the sugar syrup as mentioned above under preparation of sugar syrup. Add the rava coconut mixture to the sugar syrup
Mix well with a spoon and keep it aside for 3 -4 hours. The rava mixture becomes hard.
Transfer it to a large plate. Mix well and knead with your hand for 2 -3 minutes. Now make evenly shaped ladoos from it.
Store the rava coconut ladoo in an airtight container.