Mushroom pakoda or pakora recipe - Today I am posting a very scrumptious mushroom pakoda recipe. Mushrooms are available throughout the year in vegetable market.Mushrooms are versatile that you can make several types of dishes such as soup, manchurian, stir fry, pickle, pulao pakoda etc. This is so simple that all the ingredients are combined together to make a thick mixture then divided into small balls and deep fried till crispy. This can be served as evening tea-time snack or as a starter before meal. This pakoda is so crispy from out side and soft from inside and makes you want to eat more.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
10 button mushrooms, cut into small pieces
1 large onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup split gram flour / besan
1 tsp chilliy powder
1/2 tsp coriander seeds powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds powder / jeera
1/2 tsp turmeric powder / haldi
A generous pinch of ajwain
A small green chilly, chopped
Fistful of coriander leaves, chopped
Salt as required
Oil for frying
Mushroom pakoda or pakora recipe
- Put mushrooms and other ingredients except oil in large bowl. Sprinkle very little amount of water on it and make a thick batter. Knead till all the ingredients combine well.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. When the oil becomes medium hot, drop small portions of pakoda batter in it.
- Deep fry the pakodas on low flame till they become crispy and the inner part cooks well. Fry 4 or 5 pakodas at a time.
- Drain with a slotted spoon and place the pakodas on an absorbent paper.
- Serve the mushroom pakoda hot as a starter or evening tea-time snack.