8 god amabade / sihi ambtekayi
6 tbsp jaggery
Salt to taste
Grind to paste
1 heaped cup grtaed fresh coconut
1 tsp mustard seeds, spluttered
1/2 tsp coriander seeds, roasted
1 heaped tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Wash the ambades and pat to dry.
Peel the ambades as shown below.
Then chop cut them into pieced and remove the thorny seeds. Discard the seeds.
Sihi amtekayi sasam recipe
- Grind together the grind to paste ingredients to a smooth paste using little water.
- Heat 1½ cups of water in a large vessel and bring to boil.
- Add thet ambade pieces, jaggery and 1/2 tsp salt to it. Cook till the ambade become soft but not too soft)
- When the ambade become soft, add masala paste and salt to it. Mix well and bring it to boil. Add some water if it is too thick. The gravy should be thick like palya / sabzi.
- Simmer for 3 - 4 minutes to get the thick pouring consistency of the gravy.
- Serve the god ambade sasam hot with any main meal.