4 raw bananas / Balekayi / Keli, peeled, cut into pieces
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp grated fresh coconut (optional)
fistful of chopped coriander leaves
1 tbsp oil
salt to taste
For the Tempering
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds / jeera
8-10 curry leaves
Kele sukke recipe
- Wash, Peel and cut the raw bananas into equal sized pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add mustard seeds in it.
- When they splutter, add jeera and curry leaves. Saute for 4-5 seconds.
- Add chili powder and turmeric powder. Saute for 8-10 seconds.
- Add raw banana pieces, coconut, salt and 1 cup of water.
- Cover with lid and cook it on a medium flame till the bananas become soft. While cooking stir in between. Simmer till the subzi dries up.
- Switch off the flame and sprinkle fistful of chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve the kele sukke hot as a side dish with steamed rice and curry and rotis or chapathis.