2 large onions, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 cup green peas
½ cup grated paneer
½ tsp kala masala
½ tsp chili powder
Few chopped coriander leaves
2 tbsp oil
Grind to Paste
¼ cup coconut
3 garlic flakes
1/6 " ginger
1cloves / lavang, fried
1/6" cinnamon sticks, fried
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp coriander seeds, slightly roasted
½ tsp turmeric powder
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds in it. When they splutter, add curry leaves and onions.
- Fry the onion till it changes the colour. Add kala masala or garam masala, ½ tsp chili powder, turmeric powder, saute for a while.
- Add tomatoes and mix well. Cover with lid and cook it on a low flame till the tomato turns soft.
- Add boiled green peas and mix well. Add grated paneer and saute for 2-3 mins.
- Put all the ingredients mentioned under grind to paste in a mixer.Make a smooth paste, using very little water.
- Add the masala paste along with half cup of water and salt to the paneer peas mixture to make a thick gravy. Mix well and bring it to boil. Cover it with lid, cook the peas masala on medium low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Simmer till you get the desired consistency. When it is done, add chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with roti, chapati or steamed rice.